Ok, since I'm clearly not so good with the explaining with words thing, here are some pictures of the milk jug photo studio I mentioned in my last post:
You don't have to physically stick your camera lens through the top hole; you just have to get close enough that you can focus through it:
I took these photos at 10:30 last night with no flash and only an overhead light on. Note that I did bump up the exposure and color correct that last one; the jug helps diffuse the light, not increase it. For best results, you should have light sources on either side as well as above your jug. And maybe not be photographing an almost black key. :)
I can't claim credit for this idea; I only remember reading somewhere that many Etsy jewelry sellers use it for photographing their goods. At any rate, I hope it helps some of you!
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
Right-click this image to save it, and then hyperlink it to www.Epbot.com on your blog sidebar. Voila! The world becomes a better place.
- ► 2016 (125)
- ► 2015 (155)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (159)
- ► 2012 (232)
- Milk Jug Photo Studio
- My Steampunk Flux Capacitor Pin
- How to Find Me at Dragon*Con
- Friday Fun Links
- My Book Tour Has Officially Been Out-Geeked
- Every Geek Home Needs...
- One Size Fits All?! (A Short Girl's Rant)
- $10 Geek Tees? Yes, Please!
- This Is Why I Love Conventions
- Saturday Steam 8/20/11
- I'll Buy THAT for $4
- You Can't Take the Carrots From Me
- World of Geek Craft 8/16/11
- On Behalf of a Grateful Granddaughter
- Quick Craft: Seahorse Candle
- I <3 Allie of Hyperbole and a Half
- Cross-Viewing is SO COOL
- What I'm Reading: Quick Reviews
- STAY ON TARGET
- Photo Upload Update
- How Geeks Keep Calm
- Procrastination Station 8/3/11
- The Song John Won't Stop Singing
- Blogger's Fuzzy Photo Problem
- ▼ August (24)