Because I ask you guys to share links in the comments so often, I decided it's high time I teach you how to embed them. This makes it much, MUCH easier on the rest of us, since we can just click your text to visit the site in question, plus it eliminates those huge paragraphs of insanely long web links.
Now, don't worry; even if you know *nothing* about html, this is easy. Promise.
Let's say I want to make the words "my blog" a link to Epbot. Meaning my final product would look like this: my blog.
Here's what I have to write:
<a href="http://www.Epbot.com">my blog</a>
And that's it! See? Told you it wasn't hard.
So, here's your cheat sheet:
<a href="LINK ADDRESS">MY TEXT</a>
I suggest copying that down on a Post-it and sticking it to your monitor until you have it memorized.
UPDATE : Ack! Thanks for the heads up, guys: I forgot the "http" in my link above. Der whoops.
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
Right-click this image to save it, and then hyperlink it to www.Epbot.com on your blog sidebar. Voila! The world becomes a better place.
- ► 2016 (151)
- ► 2015 (155)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (159)
- ► 2012 (232)
- ► 2011 (187)
- Spoiled Rotten
- Count Down to Dragon*Con!
- Geek Glee
- Captain EO Would Be Proud
- THERE WILL BE BLOOD
- Office Update!
- The One Line of Code Every Commenter Should Know
- Jen's Procrastination Station
- Star Wars Celebration V Day 3, Pt 2
- Star Wars Celebration V Day 3, Pt1
- Star Wars Celebration V Day 2, Pt 2
- Star Wars Celebration V Day 2, Pt 1
- Star Wars Celebration V Day 1, Pt 2
- Star Wars Celebration V Day 1, Pt 1
- Eye Candy
- Officially a Mess
- Pirate Penny Cuff Give-Away!
- The Past, In Living Color
- The Cutest Geek Toys EVAH
- My (Additional) $.02
- The 3 G's: Baby Love
- Geek Chic Round Up
- My Robot is Officially a Rock Star
- ▼ August (23)