Thursday, December 6, 2012
- I've been losing more productive hours than I'd care to admit on my new favorite craft blog: True Blue Me and You: Doable Unique DIYs. The name says it all, but I'll add that this is the most ethical Tumblr blog I've ever seen, with a blogger who cares passionately about properly crediting sources and linking back to every site she mentions. She also has an archive that goes on forever (I *still* haven't found the end), helpful tips and summaries, imminently browsable categories tagged clearly in the sidebar, and craft roundups like these sprinkled throughout:
- GeekMom posted a fabulous fashion & jewelry Etsy gift guide; it helped me add at least three or four things to my wish list:
And for a truly massive gift guide of random delights, also check out BoingBoing's 2012 list. They've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty - and you want thinga-mabobs? THEY GOT TWENTY.
- Hey, do you remember the story of "The Paris Time Capsule Apartment?" It first came out last May, but Lindsay G. reminded me of it this week. Basically a Parisian apartment was left untouched for 70 years, locked up with all its rich furnishings and treasures, and was finally opened for the first time this year.
Miss Peregrine's. Anyway, definitely check out that article if you missed it before!
- Prepare for some Extreme Cute with this article M.C. spotted on CNN: World's 20 Cutest Animals - And Where To Find Them.
More than just pictures, this has a short snippet of info on each animal and where you can still see them in the wild. Fun AND educational!
- And finally, hold on to your ear hats, Disney fans, because an honest-to-goodness, flying, fire-breathing DRAGON flew through the skies of new Fantasyland Tuesday night, and you're not going to believe the video:
In fact, I *didn't* believe the video, since there were a few obviously CGI'd teaser promos leaked prior to the big debut, and the video is so dark it doesn't really feel like you're in the park, looking up. So I went digging around online for more specifics. Turns out, yep, it IS real (!!), and if you'd like to "ruin" the magic by seeing how it's done, there's a photo and article here that explains. (Inside the Magic also has a more realistic looking video & a nice write-up.)
The really baffling thing, though, is that Disney has stated this was a one-time event only, and it was held on an exclusive media preview night, at that, so no regular guests got to see it. Seems like the height of cruelty to me, to show us video and never let us see it ourselves, but many speculate the dragon will still make special appearances from time to time, despite what Disney has told the media. Fingers crossed, 'cuz I'd love to see the dragon in person!
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
- ► 2014 (133)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (6)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (122)