Saturday, November 5, 2011
And now I have that song stuck in my head.
Ok, so, I've always hated it when bloggers update just to say they're sorry for not updating, but after a few prods on FB and via e-mail I've decided to do a quick check-in check list. Here we go:
1. Yes, John and I are still alive.
2. Astoundingly, we're also still healthy. Our ER-free streak is going strong! Woot!
3. I'm writing this in...uh.. [John, where are we?] ...Chicago. Tomorrow we do show 11 of 17, so we're technically on the home stretch. Fist bumps all 'round!
Vaguely Related Aside: We asked the publisher to book us in Hyatt Places whenever possible, because we like the layouts of the rooms & they're usually nice places to stay. (We've had 2 exceptions so far, which I would describe as "olfactory assaults," but only because that sounds nicer than "bogs of eternal stench drowned in Febreeze.")
We also like the continuity, because every Hyatt Place is pretty much exactly the same, right down to the decorative throw pillow on the couch. However, when you get out of bed, stagger to the car, drive eight hours, and then trudge through an identical hallway to take an identical elevator to get to yet another identical room, it can really start messing with your head. The only thing worse is when it's the same room in a mirror-image layout on the opposite side of the hall. (Btw, sudden-onset facial tics aren't permanent, are they?)
Where was I?
Oh, right. Chicago.
4. CW & Epbot fans are the coolest people on Earth.
5. But you already knew that.
6. Saying that you're addicted to Beaver Tails and Poutine while in the U.S. sounds really dirty.
7. So I highly recommend it.
8. I also highly recommend Beaver Tails and Poutine. (Thanks, Canada.)
9. I currently have no posts written for CW, which is why I haven't had time to write more here.
10. See how I slipped that excuse in after something funny? So you wouldn't even notice?
11. Brae in Canada brought us Kinder Eggs, a kind of candy that's banned in the U.S. because it's a chocolate egg with a little toy inside. Thereby convincing me that Canada gets ALL the nice things. (We ate ours on the way to the border, so no, we're not felons.)
12. I've had a few people come to the shows in steampunk costumes:
13. The ladies are SO crushing on John, and John is SO oblivious. It's adorable, but you can bet I'm not letting him out of my sight any time soon. (One woman's mother let slip something like, "She doesn't want cake, she wants JOHN!" while they were at the signing table, and then both the lady AND John blushed and stared at the floor and laughed awkwardly. Like I said: adorable.)
14. Oh! Oh! We saw Ghostbusters on the big screen in Toronto for Halloween night! And it was AWESOME.
Some of you might remember that I've had to avoid movie theaters for some time due to anxiety problems, but I was determined to risk it for my love of the 'busters. The last movie I saw in a theater was the re-release of Back to the Future last year, and I barely made it through even with meds that made me all dopey. This time, however, I made it med-free and with only minimal discomfort. That is HUGE for me, and I credit true love. And earplugs. But mostly true love.
15. Speaking of love, I miss my cat Lily. John's cat Tonks, not so much. [wicked grin]
Another Vaguely Related Aside: There was a friendly stray outside the restaurant in Ohio where we had dinner, so John and I stood for ten minutes in the freezing night air making fools of ourselves baby-talking to it. People walking by gave us really wide berths. Like it's weird for two grown adults to be all "who's a boopsy widdle wover?!" ing to a stray cat outside at night in front of a nice Italian restaurant. Sheesh.
16. I really should be writing a post for Cake Wrecks.
17. I've been brain-storming ideas for steampunk Christmas ornaments instead.
18. I miss my Dremel.
19. I collected a few more smashed pennies!
20. It's 11:30PM, and John just brought me donuts.
21. I can't type and eat donuts at the same times, so....
BYE! See some of you soon!
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
- ► 2014 (134)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ▼ 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (122)