Here's how I've been wasting my time online this week:
Remember Sneakers? The caper movie with Robert Redford, Dan Aykroyd, & Sydney Poiter?
I LOVE THIS MOVIE.
- And here's a really long article about Cheers.
- Last night was the TV debut of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog (!!), and lots of people in and behind the show (including Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion) live-tweeted fun facts and memories along with the broadcast:
- I'm a huge fan of Adam Savage's "Man Cave" video series, where he talks about all his personal projects making movie props and cosplay outfits and whatnot. Really, I just love listening to someone who's passionate about making stuff, so the fact that it's Adam Savage talking is almost secondary. (Almost.) Anyway, if you haven't seen any yet, here's one to get you started:
- This article on the making of the game Limbo makes me want to go play it again. If you don't usually like video games, give it a read. I'm betting you'll be intrigued enough to try this one! (via SuperPunch)
Oh, and that's the perfect excuse to show you some fabulous Limbo/Portal mash-up art:
By DeviantArt member Zed
The artist later went back and removed the slice of cake, which is a shame; that was my favorite part! (Yes, even though it's a lie.)
- For extreme DizGeeks only: this hour-long live show on the history of Epcot (including an interview with the original DreamFinder!) was held in the VIP lounge at the Norway pavilion. (Dudes. I didn't even know there was a VIP lounge in Norway!)
- After a bunch of recommendations for you readers, I finally tracked down some episodes of Face Off, the special effects reality competition, and AAAA! SO COOL!!
here on Hulu. (I just wish they had more - or better yet, that Netflix would pick it up.)
- And finally, some of these "13 Brilliant Pumpkin Carving Hacks" really are brilliant. (Do you guys know what you're carving this year? I'm still deciding. :/)
Ok, I think that's enough procrastinating to get you through your Wednesday. 'Til next time!