Then you're in luck!
As most of you know, I turn down the vast majority of the speaking invites I get. In fact, I turn 'em all down. (Although it's always nice to be asked!) I'm fine with e-mail interviews or informal chats on the phone, but I reeeeally don't like being recorded, on camera or even just audio. The few big radio bits I agreed to for the CW book tour all had to be pre-recorded because of my nerves, and even then I've yet to listen to any of them. No sir, I do not like it. (Although the NPR lady was super nice.)
This past week, however, I broke out of my shell in a big way and did TWO recorded podcast interviews, and this one with Josh of JustUs Geeks was the longest. I don't expect this to become a regular thing, but I will say it's a lot more fun to talk about geek stuff than trying to explain the Naked Mohawk-Baby Carrot Jockeys. (Seriously, try to do that without a visual aid - and without sounding like a total perv. YOU CAN'T.)
I have not - and will not - listen to the interview myself, but John tells me I didn't completely embarrass myself. I do laugh a lot, though. He also tells me we need a microphone, because it's really echoey in my office. Sorry. (It was a Skype recording.)
Anyway, it's about 30 minutes of me talking about my geeky influences, my thoughts on everything from social media to my readers (and yes, that IS the sound of me getting all choked up), and lots of other things I don't remember. I hope you like it. And that I sound exactly like you imagine: calm, cool, collected, and drop-dead sexy. MROW.
Go here to give it a listen, and then we shall never speak of this again. Deal?
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
Right-click this image to save it, and then hyperlink it to www.Epbot.com on your blog sidebar. Voila! The world becomes a better place.
- ► 2016 (104)
- ► 2015 (155)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (159)
- Lady Vadore at Star Wars Celebration
- The Best of Star Wars Celebration VI, Part 2
- The Best of Star Wars Celebration VI, Part 1
- The Adorkable Girls of Star Wars Celebration VI
- 21 Hilarious Mash-Up Costumes From Star Wars Celeb...
- Star Wars Celebration VI: Thursday Favs
- Presenting Lady Vadore!
- Mailbag: Dragon*Con Survival Tips!
- Star Wars Celebration Swag!
- Book Review: Eon, Eona, & The Iron Thorn
- Timey-Wimey Doctor Who Quiet Book
- Saturday Steam 8/18/12
- My Resin Jewelry (Mis)Adventures!
- Eight Inspiring Geek Girl Costumes
- DIY Steampunk Lightsaber!
- Mailbag: "What Should I See At Walt Disney World?"...
- My Next Projects. Maybe.
- Turning Something Sad Into Something Beautiful
- Wanna Listen To Me Ramble About Geek Stuff?
- Lady Vadore Update & Sneak Peek!
- Show & Tell, The Steampunk Edition!
- Jen's Gems 8/3/12
- Gorgeously Geeky Harry Potter Wedding!
- Wait 'Til You Get Home To Watch This
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2011 (187)