John's been sick this week, so it's been kinda quiet over here as he sleeps and sniffles the days away. (I would say it's "just" a head cold, but given the sonic boom quality of his rapid fire sneezes, there is no "just.") He always insists on sleeping on the couch when he's sick, and growls angrily if I get too close to "the contagion zone," no matter how hard I roll my eyes.
Today John started to feel slightly human again, so I tried to convince him to sleep in the bed for the afternoon. "I'm not even in there," I said, "You won't get me sick! Just go!" In answer he scowled, and in a tone of utmost exasperation, said this:
"Do you know how often I wish I could take things for you?" He motioned to my corset. "The painful periods, the times you're sick, the anxiety attacks? Do you know how often I ask God to give me those things, instead of you? So no, I'm not sleeping in the bed. I'm not getting you sick. I'm taking this one."
Then he sneezed, and flumped back down on the couch, and completely missed all these tears.
I love you, Sweetie. Feel better soon.
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
Right-click this image to save it, and then hyperlink it to www.Epbot.com on your blog sidebar. Voila! The world becomes a better place.
- ► 2016 (115)
- This Little Mermaid Papercutting Lights Up! AND IT...
- May Art Roundup: Star Wars Propaganda, Retro Batgi...
- MegaCon 2015: The Best Cosplay, Pt 4 - Last One!
- Achievement Unlocked: My First Nixie Tube Clock!
- Going Gluten-Free... FOR SCIENCE!
- New Geek Jewelry Finds: Kraken Attacks, Flying Mon...
- Super(Girl) News!
- My BioShock-Inspired Custom Steampunk Frame
- A Sweet DIY: Let's Bake Up Some Bracelets!
- My Hashimoto's Crash Course: Another Piece To The ...
- John Made Me Cry Today, And He Doesn't Even Know I...
- MegaCon 2015: The Best Cosplay, Pt 3
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (159)
- ► 2012 (232)
- ► 2011 (187)