Friday, June 14, 2013
Rachel and her boyfriend Trevor cosplayed as Hermione and Ron going to the Yule ball... for their own prom!
BRILLIANT! Haha! (And thanks for the link, Heather N.!)
- Do you like historical conspiracy theories? Then read this. It's fascinating. (I can't wait to see Hollywood's version hit theaters - because you know it will.) via SuperPunch
- It's been pouring pretty much all week here, but we headed out to Epcot on Tuesday anyway to meet up with some readers, and....
We found it!!
(Not sure what I'm talking about? Click here.)
Took a fair amount of searching, too, since it's hidden behind/inside a partition pretty much backstage, though just barely. If you go looking for it yourself, follow the path between the Imagination Pavilion and The Land, and hope the wooden gate is open!
- In other news, Patrick Stewart continues to be a delight on Twitter:
Oh captain, our captain! ALWAYS. :)
- And speaking of Twitter, this happened on Wednesday:
Now, Felicia Day is a personal hero of mine, and probably the one person I most aspire to be like (with a healthy dollop of Jenny Lawson, of course). This was the first time she's ever directly mentioned me, but I think I handled it pretty well:
If you caught the fact that I unconsciously made both a Phineas and Ferb AND a Grinch reference, then you may now award yourself ten thousand Geek Points.
I'll be sure to let you guys know when Felicia invites me over for a girls' night out, or, more likely, admits she mixed me up with someone else. ;)
- Jessica Angus is a costume designer and supplier who's created the most jaw-dropping, uber-realistic Toothless (from How To Train Your Dragon) quad costume I've ever seen:
You're really got to watch the video of her in motion to get the full effect, though:
Jessica's site DreamVision Creations sells all kinds of supplies for creating your own creature and furry suits, but it looks like she stopped taking costume commissions in 2011. Oh, and if you check out Jessica's DevianArt gallery, you'll find several of her adorable Toothless plushies - including one that's five-feet tall! This two-foot version is my favorite, though:
D'awwww. DO WANT.
Jessica stresses that these are not for sale, though, and she also doesn't sell any patterns. I can understand why with the copyright concerns, of course, but that doesn't stop me wanting one!
- Here's some adorable geeky goodness we CAN buy, though: 3D Marvel phone cases from Disney:
photo by TouringPlans
Not the most practical, sure, but now you can turn your phone into an action figure!
These are being sold at the Disney parks, but when I went hunting for a place to buy them online I also found these designs, and oh. my. CUTE:
I found all of them over on Amazon for about $30 apiece. Now you just have to decide between Batgirl, Joker, Wonder Woman, and Harley. And maybe Superman. Ok, basically I want them all except Batman. Because he looks grumpy. Which is totally in character, but still.
Happy Weekend, everyone!
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
Right-click this image to save it, and then hyperlink it to www.Epbot.com on your blog sidebar. Voila! The world becomes a better place.
- ► 2014 (134)
- ▼ 06/09 - 06/16 (7)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (122)