Thursday, December 8, 2011
Some stuff that happened this week when I wasn't blogging:
- I did my best to help the whole Paypal-screwing-over-Regretsy debacle go viral on Twitter - which it did - and I'm happy to report that hell STILL hath no fury like the wrath of the Internet unleashed en masse on corporate bozos. Really, it's a feel-good story all round. (Well, unless you're Paypal. Ha!) You can find all the details over on Regretsy, if you missed the drama.
- Yesterday The Bloggess said she loved me. And my life was made complete.
- The past two nights John and I have been taking advantage of the only reason to live in Orlando: Disney World. Tuesday night we went to the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom, where we drank hot chocolate and cursed the fact that it was 78 frickin' degrees outside. Seriously. How am I supposed to get in the Christmas spirit wearing a t-shirt and flip-flops? I WANT TO WEAR MY SILLY WINTER HATS, DANG IT. Harrumph.
[insert everyone else on the planet yelling at me that it's negative three thousand degrees where they are right now]
Anyway, the good news is I took over 700 pictures of all the holiday goodness, cried over the Toy Soldiers in the parade (I dunno why - they just make me all nostalgic and misty-eyed), squealed like a little kid over the miniature white ponies pulling Cinderella's carriage, and generally skipped about like a 6-year-old all night.
Well, of the parade, that is. Not me skipping like a 6-year old. (I'll leave that to your oh-so-fertile imaginations.)
And out of 100 blurry photos, I somehow managed to snag this one clear shot of Cindy & the prince through the carriage window:
- In "work" related news, since I'm still - STILL - trying to catch up on posts and e-mails and all the media obligations that go along with a book launch, I've finally realized that something has to go, and that something has to be e-mail. I just spend way too much time on it, and always to the detriment of both blogs and life in general.
So, from now on, please understand if your e-mails to me go unanswered. That doesn't mean stop sending them, of course - my gosh, I love reading your e-mails - it just means I'll have a HUGE burden lifted if I know you guys aren't expecting a reply. (And I'll have more time for actual blogging.) Is that cool? Yes? Please?
- Oh, and I finally updated the Epbot FAQ page about why I never post pictures of myself online. You know, since now I *have* posted pictures of myself online.
- And finally, no one has to get me anything for the holidays, because tonight at Epcot I traded with a cast member for THE BEST PIN IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD.
I'm not much of a pin trader - more of a dabbler, really - but there's no way I can resist this new "Nerds" set. Check it out:
Anyway, so, obviously, Donald is the best. But I'll be looking for Mickey and Minnie and Goofy, too. (The whole set is a whopping $30 at the parks, which is why I like to trade older pins for them: cheaper *and* more fun.)
Oh, and just in case you haven't had enough Disney yet, I uploaded some pretty castle photos like this over on Flickr:
Best. Christmas lights. EVER.
Plus my favorite shots of the fireworks:
And the special holiday edition of the new castle projection show, which is ahhhh-mazing.
John even scored a little video of the Christmas part of the show, so I'll try to upload that soon.
In the meantime, you can see the rest of my photos here.
Add the Epbot Button to Your Blog!
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ▼ 12/04 - 12/11 (4)
- ► 2010 (122)